Wednesday, October 27th.
6.00 pm (sharp) - 7.30 pm
Join us for this intimate, one-night only collaborative experience as we take a journey through the sweet flavours of West Australian terroir-driven honey.
This evening we are joined by two very special guests; Lou Chalmer of Yume Wine and Mikey Cernotta, migratory bee keeper and owner of The Pemberton Honey Company.
Lou and Mikey will guide guests through the biodiversity of the south-west of Western Australia and its honey profiles, giving us insight into this unique industry. Their passion for their craft, emphasis on environmental management, and approach to sustainability, will make for an incredibly rich night, providing more than just a feast for the tastebuds.
Experience the very special, limited drops of Yume Wine’s Ambrosias, all of which have been fermented with a different West Australian single site honey. In addition, taste your way through individual grazing boards showcasing 6 different monofloral honey varieties, paired with local cheese and seasonal produce.
Lou Chalmer is a sommelier and environmental scientist turned winemaker. She also works as a consultant and is currently completing her PhD at UWA. Based across several regions in WA, her label Yume Wines, embodies a dream for a future in which we live and work intuitively with one another and with nature.
Mikey Cernotta is the owner of The Pemberton Honey Company and a migratory commercial beekeeper who produces and packs monofloral honey from all over the South West. Having established himself as a strong advocate for resource security within industry, Mikey has taken an active role in campaigning against the loss of flowering resources in forests, woodlands and coastal areas due to logging and prescribed burning. His views on the importance of the WA beekeeping industry go much further than just the honey produced, a major focus of his is educating the broader public and agricultural industries on the intrinsic link between forests, bees and food security.
* 6 alcoholic Beverages ( 5 Ambrosias and 1 wine)
- Yaaraan ambrosia, 2020
- Yandee ambrosia, Hamelin Pool, 2020
- Wandoo ambrosia, Quindanning, 2020 (N/A to public)
- Pudjak ambrosia, Wilbinga, 2018 (N/A to public)
- Cabernet Franc, Mount Barker, 2021 (N/A to public)
- Marri ambrosia, Karragullen, 2020
* Expert knowledge and guidance led by Mikey Cernotta and Lou Chalmer
* Individual Grazing Boards featuring West Australian Cheese, Seasonal Produce and fresh locally baked bread
* 6 Terroir Driven Honeys to taste and sample
* Special prices on honey and ambrosias for guests on the night
Cancellations less than 48 hours before the class cannot be refunded.
Please advise of any allergies upon booking.
Contact Olivia with queries at: firstname.lastname@example.org